Good news for young people under 26 looking for work and for companies. The exceptional aid for hiring young people and recruiting work-study trainees has been extended by several months, after a first extension already carried out until the end of March 2021. The objective: to encourage hiring on permanent and fixed-term contracts and on work contracts. alternation.
Government has enacted the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Amendment Act, 2016 which came into force w.e.f. 1.9. 2016. The Amendment Act completely prohibits the employment of children below 14 years.
Benefit from 4,000 euros in aid over one year…
For assistance in hiring young people under 26 (1,000 euros per quarter of contract for a maximum of one year), เกม sofia it is planned to extend it until to May 31 .
All companies, regardless of their sector of activity and size, can benefit from this exceptional aid when they meet the following cumulative conditions:
Is it legal to employ a 14 year old?
The general rule is that a young person under school leaving age (16) can get a part-time job from the age of 14. However, they can only be employed in what is considered ‘light work’. This means that they cannot do any job that may affect their health and safety or interfere with their education visit play food.
– recruit a young person under the age of 26 between August 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021 (contract renewals started before this period are not eligible),
– carry out a contract on a permanent contract, on an interim permanent contract or on a fixed-term contract for a minimum of 3 months
– not having made an economic redundancy in the position concerned since January 1, 2020
– remunerate the young employee at a salary less than or equal to 1.6 SMIC
Please note that this aid cannot be combined with other state aid linked to integration, access to or return to employment (skills employment path, employment initiative contract, job aid, work-study, free employment, etc.) for the employee concerned.
… or assistance of up to 8,000 euros
For aid for apprenticeship contracts and professionalization contracts (8,000 euros for an adult apprentice, 5,000 euros for an apprentice under the age of 18), they are extended until December 31, 2021.
All companies with less than 250 employees can benefit from it without conditions.
For those with more than 250 employees, they must meet one of the following two conditions:
– achieve at least 5% of contracts promoting professional integration,
– achieve at least 3% of work-study students (apprenticeship or professionalization contract) and have experienced a 10% progression of work-study students.
The Figeco Torres Law Firm is at your disposal to assist you in the steps to follow!